Friday, October 17, 2008

Comments on those who oppose the Reproductive Health Bill

Over here at the country which I consider paradise, people are up in arms over this controversial bill. Called the Reproductive Health bill, people from all walks of life are lambasting the bill for its alleged "anti-life" provisions. 

In between smokes, I've read the bill and for me, there's nothing wrong with it. It's actually a toned-down measure, meant to control the ballooning numbers of Pinoys. It's watered down to the point of irrelevance. I mean, is it the State's duty to protect its citizens and ensure that their future is safe? Imagine what it would be like here in Boracay if its filled to the brim? I mean, right now, this tiny island holds more than 20,000 people at one time. I'm not surprised that one day, I see this paradise under water.

Going back to this "debate" against the R-H bill, I found some of these oppositors as hypocrites. You guys, don't tell me that you do not use condoms? Don't tell me that not once in the past did you go to 7-11 and bought those goat skins? 

And when you did "it" the first time (sex, dummy!), were you uttering God or was thinking of God when you're humping your wife or your girlfriend? Of course not! You're thinking about her, right, and not some distant entity up there in the heavens, smoking as we speak.

Seriously, we need to take a closer look at this bill without our religious lenses. Reproductive health is not anti-Catholic. It's not anti-life. In fact, I think, it even promotes life. Promoting life means being responsible and this bill teaches Filipinos to be more responsible in their lives, especially this special thing called "sex".

2 comments:

stuart-santiago said...

i gather from your comments on filipino voices that you're with the administration. so, is it true what the inquirer says, that gma is set to veto the reproductive health bill?

TheHighPriestOfSmokes said...

no. i have'nt heard anything like that. PGMA is for the Reproductive Health bill, except if the Church supports her bid for a few changes in the Constitution.