Monday, October 20, 2008

The Voices of Fallacy

First, I would like to correct the impression that PGMA wants to extend her term. What I meant in my earlier entries is this--we want her to. That's as brazen and honest we are about it. It's not that we benefit from it. No. Quite the contrary, we are heavily burdened by state matters that sometimes, the weight of governance seems quite too heavy. Me, I'm always writing opinions here in my office and have no time for prognostinations nor pseudo-intellectual debates.

What's so wrong with continuity? A 2020 proposition is as clear as day. It can be done through another president, although, I shudder at the thought of serving another president other than PGMA. I'm being prevailed to publish much of my thoughts on this subject, but I want to make clear that this is just my personal take on this, and in no way connected with whatever I'm doing for the sake of governance.

Likewise, I offer my hand of friendship to those who criticise PGMA. Let's move forward. We all want this country to prosper, right? Christmas is just around the corner and we have an economic crisis to solve---together. Let's puff our cigarettes together and work for the betterment of this country. Hey, we only have one.

However, short of asking, may we always look at PGMA's acts objectively? That's the least we can do. Tone down the fallacies, the accusations and work for the welfare of the people. I welcome comments such as what this DJB Rizalist character wrote here and those of Mr. Mangubat. I don't expect them to change tack, no, not in the immediate future, especially Mr. Mangubat whom I presume, has always worked for the ouster of PGMA. I'll not make a big fuss out of what he wrote against me, since I'm not a fascist. I'm just a lover of democracy. And being an Officer of the Law, I'll not judge him for writing such. Hey, we are in a democracy and in no way did I pursue a contrari view.

Having said that, let's work for the sake of this country behind one leader--PGMA. As I wrote over at FilipinoVoices, PGMA is a tireless worker. She wants stability. She pursues order.


4 comments:

i said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Like you, I also don't have the time to do prognostications nor pseudo-intellectual debates. I write to get heard.

It saddens me how people who have a different opinion automatically dismiss opposing views just because it does not tally with their reality.

I like GMA because from the shambles of the last president she has managed to save us and keep us stable.

the jester-in-exile said...

pity, this.

i myself was hoping you'd contribute to the FV collective, writing as you please, supporting the views you believe in.

without preempting ENC Nick's invitation, may i ask if would you consider it?

Anonymous said...

HighPriest,

when you feel like it,you can go back there at FV.

You can even blog there.

(sorry to the founding fathers of fv dahil pinangunahan ko kayo)

TheHighPriestOfSmokes said...

Thanks I. At least there's the likes of you who understand where I'm coming from.